Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another interview

Well, this is the 3rd interview since getting laid off; slow going I know. The schedule sent makes it look to be a long afternoon, I will be interviewing with 5 members of the Decho/Mozy staff starting at 1:00pm. First is the manager that I interviewed with over the phone, that will be only 15 minutes. I'm scheduled for half an hour with the other 4. I'm not sure if they are team members or managers, likely a mixture of both. From what they were saying I will be given a programming assignment to do and present another time. According to them it should only take about 2 hours to complete but if it's anything like what we did at Onyx it will take longer. The Onyx programming assignment was slated at 4 hours but the candidates who really cared took closer to 20 hours to complete it. I'm curious what the test will be, I'm sure it will be easy enough to complete if it's slated for 2 hours; likely something to do with wxWidgets since that is part of the job description that I applied for. Unfortunately I probably won't sleep too well tonight, likely stressing over the interview.

Other than that, play practice has started (Beauty and the Beast, remember? I'm playing Cogsworth...) and so far it has been all singing; big surprise! Tonight I get to go over my "big solo" in "Human Again". I told them I couldn't sing anything higher than an E and guess what... the song calls for and F!!!! My voice cracks if I try to hit anything higher than an E so they will be in for a surprise (me too) when I try to hit that F. They keep saying that I should be able to blend in with the others (the F IS, in fact, when singing with others) but I'm sceptical. I'll probably end up screeching in the middle of the song. I almost have the rest of my lines memorized and I'm more anxious to get into the staging rehearsals, especially with "Be Our Guest", that's going to be lots of fun!

No comments: