Sunday, March 1, 2009

Interview

Well, the interview with Decho/Mozy I thought went rather well, even though I got there late. You see, the building is on a new street and Google maps sent me to the foot of the mountain to similarly named streets, but still a good 20 minutes away from them. Luckily I was able to stop and ask for directions, was able to use their phone, get directions and let them know I would be a little late. Once I got there everything went rather smoothly except for the one person I was not able to meet with. You see, technical/professional interviews are typically more involved than your run of the mill interview, you typically have several interviews and/or meet with multiple people at once. I was scheduled to meet with 5 different people for about 1/2 hour each and unfortunately their QA lead was the only one I was unable to meet with. They have a hiring requirement that the candidate meet with people from different teams so they have a different perspective from others. Thankfully hat requirement was met when I interviewed with their program manager, who actually recommended I apply for a position with him as a program manager (which I did apply for)! I'll find out how they felt about the interview by Wed. of this week. It really seems like a great place to work, good benefits, nice perks, etc. and it really was a pleasure to meet all of the people that I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What did they ask in the interview? Programming assignment?